Auburn-Lewiston Airport (LEW) is a non-towered airport and open to the public. It is located at Lat/Long: 44.0484728 / -70.2835075. The airport is listed on the Montreal Sectional. The airport has two active runways–Runway 4-22 and Runway 17-35.
Over recent years the Airport has experienced an increase in landing and takeoff operations. To increase the safety and improve the operational efficiency, the airport was able to secure funding for the construction of a new parallel taxiway. Construction began in the Fall of 2007 and was completed in July 2008. Additional apron area was also constructed adjacent to the terminal ramp. These improvements will help accommodate the development of hangars, increase ramp parking, and support the continued growth of the airport.
Click here for latest NOTAMs
Snow Removal Plan
Landing Fee Guidance
- The uniform landing fee rate is $2.00 per 1,000 lbs of maximum gross landing weight as certified by the aircraft manufacturer, with a minimum fee of $15.00.
- New overnight parking fees reflecting aircraft landing weights will be implemented. Aircraft based at the Auburn-Lewiston Airport will be exempt from paying landing fees upon demonstration that the aircraft was based at the Airport for the 30-day period prior to the imposition of the landing fee.
- Itinerant aircraft under 4,000 gross landing weight will be exempt from landing fees.
- Itinerant aircraft under 4,000 lbs will be exempt from overnight charges in the first 7 days; they then will incur a monthly charge.
- The Airport will continue to administer and collect based or long-term parking fees.
Based Aircraft Parking and Tie-Down Fees
As approved by the Airport Board, the fee structure, specifically for based aircraft parking and tie-downs at the airport . This change will be posted to the minimum standards on that date. For your planning purposes the fee structure will be as follows:
|Parking Fees Paid To Airport||Fee|
|Non-Electric (Single Engine)||$40 per month|
|Non-Electric (Multi Engine)||$50 per month|
|Electric (Single Engine)||$55 per month|
|Electric (Multi Engine)||$65 per month|
|Jet/Turbo||$250/$400 per month|
Fees for Contract Carrier aircraft based at the Airport are covered under separate letters of Agreement. Military/Government aircraft are exempt from landing and tie-down fees.
We have installed the electronic security gates with card readers to control traffic on the flight-line area and make sure the people using the area are properly insured and trained.